Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The power of branding in business - a follow up.

On a weekly basis I try to explain the value of branding and design to potential clients.
In a previous post of mine about a year and half ago, I had mentioned if you were just visiting from out of town and you had to choose between these two businesses, (see below) located within a block of each other, which one would you choose?
(I highlight these two, because I walk by them on my way to lunch and I could observe them on a daily basis).
Both offered the same service and the same price. Both were trying to capitalize on the $35 blowout craze sweeping the nation. A year and half later only one has survived. I am sure you can guess which one.
If Business B did not want to invest in branding, then they should have dropped their price to say $25 to be able to compete.

You see in the world of business only one can be the cheapest. All others need branding.



No comments: