Friday, December 14, 2018

THE PANTONE 2019 COLOR OF THE YEAR

I always love the month of December.  Holidays, family, cheer, fun. December is also when the color experts at PANTONE unveil the color of the year. Always unpredictable and sometimes polarising.  The PANTONE guys arrive at their decision through a careful consideration combing the world seeking out color trends, through the influence of new technologies, film, fashion, entertainment, new materials, textures, and social media. Whether you love their choices or not, the colors invariably always set a tone (no pun intended) in all areas of design. 
From a designer's perspective, we all yearn for something new, fresh and inspirational. And nothing says fresh and new like The Pantone Color of the Year. 
I come from a place of experience and dare I say recognition. (My design firm,  Flat 6 Concepts , has been recognized as a top Graphic and Print design company on  Design Rush). 
Personally, I always gravitate toward black, charcoal, light greys, white and navy blue, but this seems such a great color to explore. At the very least, use it as an accent somewhere.
The longer I look at it, the more I like it. It's warm, vibrant, optimistic and definitely a far cry from the dark ultra-violet, ultra-conservative color of last year.  
I can't wait to see how it will be implemented in the New Year! 















Pantone's Colors over the years.

No comments: